Saturday, October 9, 2010

This Process

  This morning when I woke up I couldn't get myself out of bed so I was looking out the window at the head of my bed.  I have an attic room so I am basically looking straight into a tree, but now that the trees are changing it's actually very pretty.  There was a slight breeze which was causing the leaves to fall and it was absolutely marvelous!
  Then I began to think, how could this fit into a new blog post, just kidding,  I was thinking about the adoption then because we just recieved word that our dossier reached Ukraine, YAY!!!!, and was comparing the two.  Falling leaves are just like this process.  The leaf is afraid to let go, but then a gust of wind comes and blows it off.  In the adoption process I didn't want to let go of my old life, but I knew it's what we were meant to do.  Once the leaf hits the ground it has hardships like being raked and through into a dump of some kind.  In adoption sometimes they lose your paperwork or something is wrong with it.  But once the leaf is in the dump it's left alone to fertilize that soil or what ever it's natural purpose is.  Once the child is home you adjust to new life with him/her and hopefully all's well.
  Both are beautiful processes.  Adoption is what some are called and some aren't, but through this awakening I realized that this is what family is meant to do, just like leaves are meant to fall off trees.  Adoption is a free fall, but it is so worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy,

    This is a really beautiful post. You did a great job of putting your thoughts and feelings into words.

    We will pray that the adjustments will go smoothly for all.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!! Perfect!!!! Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete