Saturday, October 16, 2010

Listen to the Voices

Yesterday I got off the bus and was bombarded with smiles and excitement because our dossier was submitted on the fourteenth!!!!!  It was such good news to get after getting home from a long day at school.  Please pray that the Spitzs' will get the same news soon!!!

Also on Friday night I attended a Pro-life dinner at a fancy-smancy restaurant with my pastor.  I had a wonderful time! I spiritually adopted a little baby whose mother is thinking about abortion.  The name given to her is Meg.  The way it works is we got a prayer card which we pray for them every day and hopefully they will make it to birth.  In seven months the pro-life foundation will have a baby shower where we will hopefully be able to meet the mother who is carrying the child we are praying for.

There were three speakers.  The second two weren't as inspiring was the first but they were OK.  The first speaker spoke about the positive things that are going on in the pro-life movement.  So it started me thinking and gave me a post. (hahaha)

My eyes were opened to the fact that there are so many teens getting involved.  I have gone to the March for Life in Washington DC for 2 years now, and I always took it for granted that there were so many young people there.  Now that I look back on it, that's just so amazing!  In school I feel like the lone ranger.  It's like nobody cares about these poor babies who are slaughtered daily by the thousands!  But there are voices being raised for them.  It may be a silent revolution now, but it's starting.  The voices are getting stronger.  Little hints are being dropped, like wearing the 10 week in the womb baby feet pin.  I don't if you've seen them, but they are tiny little pins that show the exact size of a 10 week in the womb baby.  I wear my everyday now.

I heard on of the speakers mention a quote of Pope John Paul 2 from World Youth Day in Denver.  He said, "If you are what you should be, you'll set the world on fire."  I will never forget this quote.  This is the motto I choose to live by from now on.  I will listen to what God is trying to tell me and help the widowed, orphaned, aborted, and people with special needs.  I realized last night that I am called to help those with no voice.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth,

    This is a beautiful post. It is clear that you really listened to the speaker and are taking the things that he pointed out very seriously. We are so proud to have you as our daughter.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that - you WILL set the world on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you are one AMAZING girl!!! I now am praying for MEG too!!! This is just wonderful!!! Keep up the wonderful work Elizabeth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete